Racer's Edge would like to introduce Five Star Bodies Racing Windows. Five Star Bodies is a manufacturer of flat and formed polycarbonate and acrylic windshields. These Windows feature a proprietary coating that is applied to both sides of the window after it has been molded. This proprietary coating provides a very hard outer shell that is virtually as hard as glass. They also use extremely clear high optical grade polycarbonate that is then thermo-formed into the factory or required shape. Below are a few advantages of Optic Armor windshields and windows;
- 50% - 75% lighter than glass (depending on thickness)
- Will not buckle or flex at high speed
- Extremely shatterproof
- Excellent optical clarity
- Windows are formed to match the factory curvature of steel and/or fiberglass bodies
- Highly scratch- and chemical-resistant
- High resistance to pitting or sandblast effects
- Can be cleaned with standard glass cleaner, no extra polishes or cleaners needed
- Excellent water shedding capabilities
- UV inhibitor coating to protect from the sun
Windshields and rear windows are availble in two different configurations: Oversized and blacked-out. If you plan to install your front or rear window using the factory fitment (urethane, etc.), you must order the black-out windows which have been specially prepared for factory-type installations. The "black-out" in the name simply refers to black paint around the edges (like the factory does) to which the attachment adhesives can bond.
Oversized windows are for racing applications where the window will be bolted to the car and where installers often want the ability to make final sizing adjustments themselves. Please call if you're not sure which is right for you.
Five Star Bodies windows are available for virtually any car. Applications for side windows, vent windows, etc., in addition to front and rear windows. Please call us for fitment details.
Call to place your order today. 865-862-5262